April 12, 2017
Our HR Manager, Melanie Clayton, is dishing out advice on everything from job search strategies, to why attending job fairs is important, to finding the confidence you need to negotiate your salary. Have questions about the job search? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll have Melanie answer your questions!
Need help resume writing? Download our free, printable resume templates here: https://earnspendlive.com/downloads-printables/
April 4, 2017
Although EVEsdropping typically comes out each Wednesday, we decided to put this one out a day early in honor of Equal Pay Day (which is April 4th this year). What is Equal Pay Day? We're so glad you asked!
What’s Going on in the News?
- The Mindy Project will end after season six. </3
- Rob Kardashian forgets his almost-kid is black.
- Michelle Obama wearing her hair natural for the FIRST TIME IN MORE THAN 8 YEARS...publicly.
What We’re Loving This Week
- Elise: My NECTAR mattress!!!! Check out my review: https://earnspendlive.com/2017/03/nectar-mattress-review/
- Meleah: Book of the Month Club! Our office April box just came in and the books look great. Sign up at earnspendlive.com/go/bookofthemonth
- Elise: I went to Pure Barre today and it kicked my ass. Might not seem like much of an “adulting” feat but I DON’T work out. Ever. And I’m trying to put my health first. Or at least second.
- Meleah: I ripped down and then put up a ceiling. I’m moving into a super old house which means a lot of work for me, and a lot of updates about my house for you.
How are you celebrating Equal Pay Day? Asking for a raise? Calling out a mansplainer? Use our hashtag #JustEVEsdropping and let us know your stories!
March 22, 2017
Roommates: We've all been there, done that. Is it worth it? We're going over the pros and cons—the good, the bad, and the ugly. Plus, we're talking about the new season of Dancing With the Stars, Uber's president stepping down, Erin Condren's Seasonal Surprise Box, The Mindy Project, and overcoming our fears of public speaking.
Real Talk: Pros and Cons of Having a Roommate
- Save $$$$.
- Also can share Netflix/Hulu log ins.
- Don’t have to live alone
- Period syncing. Taylor & I used to have “period dates” where we’d go out, order a big meal, and then come home and eat ice cream while watching a chick flick.
- On that note: built-in girl’s nights!
- You can borrow things: clothes/food/etc (with permission)
- Someone’s in your space.
- Sexual situations (aka noises)
- Also just loudness/party noises.
- You have to wear pants. I didn’t, but you should.
- Living styles: a messy person + a clean person = arguing
- Horror stories -- because we all know that’s what you’re here for.
- Christine: My roommate broke into my LOCKED bedroom while I was out of the country and letting her friends who I had never met have sex in my bed. Same roommate who had never touched a dishwasher or a washing machine before she moved out of her parents house and literally just threw dishes haphazardly into the dishwasher and washed every single outfit individually.
- Also Christine: My sister’s psycho roommate who was obsessed w/ her and slept in her bed, used her computer, and showered in her shower while she wasn’t home
- We’re not perfect. Here are some of our flaws/tips for making it werk:
- Moral of the Story: it’s nice to give your roommate a heads up
- Always be up front and talk it out. You may still not get your way, but ya know.
- I had a THING about people letting me know before they just busted people up into our room. So a few times, a roommate I had tension with would bring a dude over for SeXiEtYmEs and not give me a heads up. I’m not deaf, so I could hear that there was a dude in our room. I would make up an excuse to walk into the Living Room/kitchen anyway in my thong, fake embarrassment and an apology, and then go back to my room.
- Don't write passive-aggressive sticky notes.
- Don’t eat each other’s food. If you do, always replace.
What’s Going on in the News?:
- Dancing With the Stars starts this week!!!!!!!! Nick Viall's awkwardness continues!
- Uber President quit bc sexual harassment. Yay.
What We’re Loving This Week:
- Elise: The Erin Condren Seasonal Surprise Box. It's only $35 each quarter, and the value of the Spring 2017 box was $97.50. Sign up here: http://earnspendlive.com/go/erincondrencom
- Meleah: Mindy Lahiri is a white man. And it's amazing.
- Elise: I SURVIVED MY PRESENTATION IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE COMPANY LAST WEEK. I’ll never top this again.
- Meleah: Elise’s presentation was so good. I won’t top that either. I… uh… worked Sunday night?
Hit us up on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag “JustEvesdropping” and tell us your roommate horror stories. Byee.
March 14, 2017
The lamest season in Bachelor history is finally over, and we have a lot of feelings. On this edition of TV Tuesday, we're going over all the ways Nick f*cked up this season, how long he and Vanessa will last, why Raven's better off without him (and on Bachelor in Paradise instead), and how excited we are for Rachel to be the new Bachelorette (although we hope the rest of the men aren't total goofs like the four men we met last night on After the Final Rose).
March 8, 2017
Terra got the opportunity to chat with Ayesha Curry (we're all still freaking out about it, NBD) about how she balances career, family, and staying healthy. Because as it turns out, you CAN have it all.
March 1, 2017
Cold pitches: They don't have to be as scary as they sound. We're going over the dos and don'ts of sending a cold pitch and how to get an actual response from the stranger you're emailing.
February 22, 2017
It's 2017, so if you don't have a personal brand who even are you? We're talking about why it's important to establish a presence on social media, as well as how to actually do it.
February 15, 2017
Y'all know how much we <3 TV, so in honor of Galentine's Day, we're talking about our favorite fictional female friendships. Plus, the craziness that was the 2017 Grammys.
February 8, 2017
Although we're self-professed workaholics, we do have some advice for unwinding after a crazy work day. (Disclaimer: Two or more of them may involve snuggling with pets.)
February 1, 2017
This week, we're talking about the cons of living with our boyfriends. Okay, there might be a couple of pros too. (Sidenote, we experienced technical difficulties, so sadly you won't get to hear our adulting/boss moments this week. Apologies!)