Although EVEsdropping typically comes out each Wednesday, we decided to put this one out a day early in honor of Equal Pay Day (which is April 4th this year). What is Equal Pay Day? We're so glad you asked!
- National Equal Pay Day is the day in the year women must work to “catch up” to men’s earnings from the previous year. White women make 80% of what men make in the workplace, so it has taken us until today to make what men made in 2016.
- African American women’s equal pay day will be July 31st.
- Latina women’s equal pay day will be November 2nd.
- Why does the gender pay gap exist? Here are a few reasons: https://actuallyshecan.com/Content/pdfs/mentorship/leadership_gender_gap.pdf
- We put together a handy little infographic about the Pink Tax (aka all the sh*t we have to pay for that men don't): https://earnspendlive.com/2017/04/pink-tax-how-expensive-woman/
What’s Going on in the News?
- The Mindy Project will end after season six. </3
- Rob Kardashian forgets his almost-kid is black.
- Michelle Obama wearing her hair natural for the FIRST TIME IN MORE THAN 8 YEARS...publicly.
What We’re Loving This Week
- Elise: My NECTAR mattress!!!! Check out my review: https://earnspendlive.com/2017/03/nectar-mattress-review/
- Meleah: Book of the Month Club! Our office April box just came in and the books look great. Sign up at earnspendlive.com/go/bookofthemonth
- Elise: I went to Pure Barre today and it kicked my ass. Might not seem like much of an “adulting” feat but I DON’T work out. Ever. And I’m trying to put my health first. Or at least second.
- Meleah: I ripped down and then put up a ceiling. I’m moving into a super old house which means a lot of work for me, and a lot of updates about my house for you.
How are you celebrating Equal Pay Day? Asking for a raise? Calling out a mansplainer? Use our hashtag #JustEVEsdropping and let us know your stories!