Roommates: We've all been there, done that. Is it worth it? We're going over the pros and cons—the good, the bad, and the ugly. Plus, we're talking about the new season of Dancing With the Stars, Uber's president stepping down, Erin Condren's Seasonal Surprise Box, The Mindy Project, and overcoming our fears of public speaking.
Real Talk: Pros and Cons of Having a Roommate
- Save $$$$.
- Also can share Netflix/Hulu log ins.
- Don’t have to live alone
- Period syncing. Taylor & I used to have “period dates” where we’d go out, order a big meal, and then come home and eat ice cream while watching a chick flick.
- On that note: built-in girl’s nights!
- You can borrow things: clothes/food/etc (with permission)
- I didn’t either!
- Someone’s in your space.
- Sexual situations (aka noises)
- Also just loudness/party noises.
- You have to wear pants. I didn’t, but you should.
- Living styles: a messy person + a clean person = arguing
- Horror stories -- because we all know that’s what you’re here for.
- Christine: My roommate broke into my LOCKED bedroom while I was out of the country and letting her friends who I had never met have sex in my bed. Same roommate who had never touched a dishwasher or a washing machine before she moved out of her parents house and literally just threw dishes haphazardly into the dishwasher and washed every single outfit individually.
- Also Christine: My sister’s psycho roommate who was obsessed w/ her and slept in her bed, used her computer, and showered in her shower while she wasn’t home
- We’re not perfect. Here are some of our flaws/tips for making it werk:
- Moral of the Story: it’s nice to give your roommate a heads up
- Always be up front and talk it out. You may still not get your way, but ya know.
- I had a THING about people letting me know before they just busted people up into our room. So a few times, a roommate I had tension with would bring a dude over for SeXiEtYmEs and not give me a heads up. I’m not deaf, so I could hear that there was a dude in our room. I would make up an excuse to walk into the Living Room/kitchen anyway in my thong, fake embarrassment and an apology, and then go back to my room.
- Don't write passive-aggressive sticky notes.
- Don’t eat each other’s food. If you do, always replace.
What’s Going on in the News?:
- Dancing With the Stars starts this week!!!!!!!! Nick Viall's awkwardness continues!
- Uber President quit bc sexual harassment. Yay.
What We’re Loving This Week:
- Elise: The Erin Condren Seasonal Surprise Box. It's only $35 each quarter, and the value of the Spring 2017 box was $97.50. Sign up here: http://earnspendlive.com/go/erincondrencom
- Meleah: Mindy Lahiri is a white man. And it's amazing.
- Elise: I SURVIVED MY PRESENTATION IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE COMPANY LAST WEEK. I’ll never top this again.
- Meleah: Elise’s presentation was so good. I won’t top that either. I… uh… worked Sunday night?
Hit us up on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag “JustEvesdropping” and tell us your roommate horror stories. Byee.